Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Maybe ...just Maybe :-)

Well after the sadness of the last 2 weeks I thought I'd update Pixels progress.
Mum passed away during my agility holiday, I was actually up at Rockingham Castle for the KC Festival, but when I got the phone call I had to rush home leaving everything there. I didn't really feel like returning but I had to go back for my caravan anyway, and my family persuaded me to continue with my agility holiday as thats what my Mum would have wanted. I was also judging at Adams on the second week so I would have had to return for this.
It was nice to have a distraction but Boo was dire and I was being totally rubbish at handling. I didnt have one clear round in 10 days :-( My mind wasn't in the right place, I was just going through the motions really.

On the day off on our second week at Adams we hired a ring again and all the youngsters who train together had a little play in the ring doing bits and pieces.
Pixel actually was quite good ( in between the barking )
Then once I had set up my course for judging I also tried Pixel on sections of this too. Laura also tried to run her and she now realises the struggle I am having. She really is HARD work. Mega fast and keen but still spends far too much time arguing :-(

When we got home I decided as she is almost 17 months old and plenty old enough I would start to jump her over medium height jumps.
She was officially measured whilst we were away and as expected she is definitely medium :-)

So on her last 2 sessions she's jumped medium and I think she is much better. The fact she has to actually "think" rather than just run as fast as she can is definitely helping :-)

So below are 4 videos of her. In the hired ring. Doing parts of my jumping course and then today in my field over medium jumps and some weaving .
I have also made the decision to re train a stopped contact on her dog walk. I now fully realise she is just going to be tooooo fast for me to control a running dog walk :-( I have loved the thrill of training the running, and I will still do a running A-Frame. But I am just not young or fit enough to do the run on the Dog Walk. I will probably regret it , but I have to make the decision now as the opportunities for training are getting less with nights drawing in. I can do parts of the re train in my lounge again as I did with the running. She's a bright cookie so I know she will cotton on quickly.

I have resumed some training on her weaves and I am doing a mixture of 2 x 2 and Channels. Hoping to order some new weaves soon to help with this process :-)
So I am beginning to think that Maybe...just maybe we are getting there slowly :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment