Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Update

We started May with Vyne on Bank Holiday Monday.

Boo's attitude was fantastic. A HUGE improvement. No clears, but a big if only. I moved before she took a jump and she went into the tunnel.  Even with all the mucking around her time was good enough to have won. Although she was eliminated I knew the scrimer and she looked at the time for me and told me afterwards.
My confidence increased with her from that minute.

Chip and Fozzie both worked well, but Chip was the biggest improvement since his chiropractic treatment, He was jumping cleanly and with no hesitation.

I was still being a pansy with Fozzie, as I am still worried about his fitness levels, he then knocked a jump badly but luckily my physio was at the show. She checked him out and said he had knocked his patella and it may have slipped again :-(
He was fine but she advised some strengthening exercises for him.

Here is a video of Boo at Vyne and also one of Chip. Sadly didnt get any of Fozzie :-(




The following weekend I was supposed to be at Tunbridge Wells to Judge, bud I got taken very ill on the day after Vyne and was pretty much bed bound for almost a week :-(

The following weekend was another Obedience show for Boo.  It was a beautiful day and at her second show she went and won her second Novice. She is now "A" only !! This was quite a shock because I really wanted her to get more experience in Novice, as she isn't ready for A only :-(


This last week we have been at Adams Show up in Derbyshire. A lovely show, very relaxed and calm but the weather was terrible. On 2 days I didn't work my big dogs because I was so worried about them slipping, and with their recent injuries I didn't want to take any chances. Boo is small and much more sure footed, so I happily worked her in most, but not all, of her classes.

It was a disastrous week for Boo..time and time again she came out of the weaves, or ran past a jump for no real reason. I was getting very frustrated, although her attitude and speed on the courses was generally good.

On the Monday Fozzie surprised me by winning Grade 5 agility. I was worried to begin with that this might make him Grade 6, but thankfully its only his second win...phew. He's had about 5 second places so I know now that his fitness is improving it may only be a matter of time. I want him to hold out until the end of July because I want him to be able to compete in the Novice cup at the KC festival and maybe qualify for Crufts again, especially as he didn't make it last year because of injury.

Sadly no video of his win, but heres a pic of him with his trophy :-)

I decided to come home from Adams a day early as the weather was atrocious. However as Boo's runs were all in the morning I thought I would squeeze them in around packing up. Her first 2 runs were typical of what she has done all week. However on her very last run she put it all together and whoo hoo WON grade 3 agility. So she is now Grade 4 !!!! :-)


So my little hairy munchkin in one month has won out of Novice in Obedience and won out of Grade 3 in agility :-)
Here is a little video compilations of some of her runs at Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment