Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Friday, August 03, 2012

Show News etc

Last weekend we had our first show for quite a few weeks. The wet weather conditions has meant that many shows have been cancelled because of ground conditions. It was touch and go as to whether the Agility Club show would go ahead, but the Monday beforehand everything was given the go ahead. I was judging Grade 3 Jumping on the Sunday so I only had one day of competing,but more exciting was the fact that it was Lauras dog Ruperts first show.
He was fab. He was a little hesitant in his first 2 classes , Laura put him in a wait and when she released him he stood there ( it seemed like an eternity ) before he started.
Rupert has only really been straight line weaving for 3 weeks so it was the weaves he had problems with. Laura was also extremely nervous and rather than stand back and let him get the entry she just ran towards them. She realised after what she had done, but nerves got the better of her.
I have posted a little video of him in action.



His next show is Dogs in Need in 2 weeks, so fingers crossed.

BOO update





Boo is coming on beautifully. She is still a total joy and is still a really naughty noisy puppy. Her enthusiasm and happiness makes me laugh . I have started doing some "proper formal" obedience with her now and she starts competition obedience lessons next month. I could join now, but with the holidays imminent I decided to wait till September and just continue doing bits at home with her and also once a week at club.


She knows her close position now and can do a short burst of nice heelwork. She does a lovely recall, her wait is getting there, and her hold on the dumbell is really nice. She will switch from titbits to toys with no problem and will work equally well for both. My biggest problem is her offering behaviours :-) So I'll ask her for a sit and she will offer a beg or a left turn etc. I just smile..she's so damn cute.





My biggest upset with her has been her registered name. Her name Monster Inc was approved by the Kennel Club and on 1st June I got her registration certificate. I was totally shocked on Monday just gone ,when I received a letter from the kennel club saying that they had received an objection from someone about her name being similar to their dog, and so therefore I had to choose another name. 


My hairy dogs names have always been connected with cartoon/kiddies tv/films and the reason I named her Boo was because of the film Monster Inc, so you can imagine how I felt. 


Apparently it was because I posted her approved kennel name on here( this blog) that it was picked up. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't mentioned it. It could have so easily not been noticed till I had maybe entered her in the future at Agility Shows and she would have been over 18mths by then !!


So I hastily had to come up with another KC name. The first 2 I asked for were also taken :-( By now I  was getting really fed up. In the end I settled for second best, and its nothing to do with a film/TV :-(( I am now really reluctant to post it again, just in case once again its picked up as a similar name.


No comments:

Post a Comment