Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Saturday, January 07, 2012

New Year News

Well 2011 has gone and here we are into 2012. I am trying to be positive about 2012. I took Fozzie to the Chiropractor yesterday and went away feeling a whole lot better and far more positive. I went through the whole history of Fozzie and the events leading up to him holding his leg up, and without even touching him she was confident that it wasn't a patella problem. The symptoms just didn't point to it. She was also certain it wasn't a cruciate problem either,because although he was holding his leg up typical of a dog with a cruciate injury, there was no lameness/limping at all even when he eventually put his foot down. He was also able to bear weight on it to pee, and he certainly didn't have any problem putting his weight on it to jump up at the work surfaces or stairgate, and even on the day he walked into the vet, he jumped up to say hello to the receptionist. Marisa said that even a slight cruciate strain or tear would cause swelling( he had none) and limping ( he had none)  I trust Marisa completely. She has done wonders for Woody on several occasions and she has also had huge successes with MANY agility dogs, her reputation is country wide. So she did her magic on Fozzie. She found his pelvis was very out and also his lower back. She put everything back in place and was happy with what she had done. So Fozzie now has to stay on the lead again till Tuesday, and then let off lead and then its wait and see. I now have to gradually increase his fitness and by the end of January I should be able to start re introducing him to agility. I don't think he'll be ready to compete at the first show of the year in March but hopefully by Easter in April he should be able to compete again...fingers crossed. However if after he returns to normal exercise he starts to hold his leg up again, then the first thing is to take him back to Marisa to make sure everything is in place, if it is then it obviously it is a leg problem, but she's confident it isn't. I got a new photographic background from my sons for Xmas. I was very excited about getting it. I have long admired the photos taken by theprofessionals of dogs using white backgrounds. I'd had a play around before Xmas with 2 pieces of white hardboard, and I took some nice shots of my son's cats( below) but I knew to take dogs I'd need something bigger and more substantial.
Sully
Sully
Satsuma
So as soon as Xmas was over I couldn't wait to have a go. Apart from taking the photos my biggest hurdle was learning how to use photoshop to edit the images afterwards. Well the photo below is one of my results :-)
My Lovely Boys
Then last week my friend Jennie asked if I could take some pictures of her dogs....GULP,my first "other peoples dogs" photo shoot. Well it all turned out ok, but I still have quite a way to go before I am perfect :-)

Jennies Gang

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Fozzie! God! These dogs know how to make us worried!! I hope there's nothing serious injury in him and is able to back to Agility soon.

    I love your photography. They look very professional! Well done!

    The cats are very beautiful, I can take Sully home :)

    ReplyDelete