Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Friday, August 07, 2009

Lots of catch up !

I am off on a 2 wk agility holiday in just under a couple of days, so I thought I had better bring my blog up to date before I go.

Firstly a Fozzie update. Well his pre agility training is coming on very well and I am very pleased with him so far. I started a little foundation class for some friends with the intention of training Fozzie in it, but it proved impossible to teach and train so up till 2 weeks ago all my training was done on my own which meant no exciting start lines, just waits. He actually now has an excellent start line wait. However 2 wks ago I started training my sister in laws puppy for 20 minutes before the main class,this enabled me to bring Fozzie out to train with Charlie. It meant for the first time I could have someone hold him and wind him up and I could recall him down long lines of jump wings...great. I have also now started to place his mat at the end of the dog walk down plank (at very low height) and he is hitting his mat dead on. Next I need him to do it independently of me , so I can be anywhere and he still gets the criteria right. Up to now I have been mostly in front and rewarded with a click and then food from my hand,I now want to progress this so I am behind him but he still faces forward to get his reward. That is my homework when I return from holidays.

His obedience is also coming on well. I have sped up his recall and retrieve over the last 3 wks and his heel work position is getting better, however mentally he tires very quickly and struggles a little,I hope this will improve with age.

So here are 3 little videos of him. One obedience video taken yesterday, one of his agility work taken last wk ,and then a slow motion video of his contact training.

AND IN SLOW MOTION....HIS CONTACTS

HIS OBEDIENCE WORK


Show News.

Well at long last here is the video of Woody's lovely run at Rugby show a few wks back


and finally last week at Tenterden...


I was absolutely over the moon after last weekend. On the Saturday I was very despondent with Chip. We were just not getting things together and I had actually asked someone else to run him for me in some runs as i just felt I wasn't doing him justice.
Someone then gave me a real talking to,everything they said was so true. I was trying too hard with him and therefore putting too much pressure on both myself and him.They also said I could achieve with him and I wasn't crap like I was beginning to think I was.
So on the Sunday I decided to run him in the 2 runs he had. Well what can I say. He was brill. His 2 classes were both Gd 6-7. He came 12th in the Jumping ! there were some messy bits as well as some brill bits and I could see where he could make up the 2 seconds that split him and the top 3 places.
In the Agility he came 5th !!!! Once again a slow dog walk and a slightly messy turn made the difference between him and a possible win (time wise)
I came away elated and now more full of confidence,especially as he has the final of the Celebration Connection at the Dogs in Need show in 2 weeks. Here is a video of the 2 runs and the various mistakes.I apologise for the commentary by my very silly friends...enjoy !!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think I hear a new career for Jenny and Andrea there!!!! well done Rosie
    Love Emma & Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Fozzie is looking brilliant Rosie and you had a great time at KC and DIN xxx

    ReplyDelete