Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Monday, June 22, 2009

Just like Buses........

..they all come at once !!!

As you all know I have just finished filming a childrens TV programme with Woody,due to start screening in August/Sept ? I have been asked several times why I don't do media work with my dogs full time ,and to be sure I'd really
love to,however jobs for them just don't come that often especially long term ones and when they do they all come together ! So that's how the title of this post came about. Unbelievably I had a call for Woody to do another job whilst we were actually on set for Gigglebiz so I had to turn that down, I've then had a call from one of my other agents for measurements of all my dogs and what they could & couldn't do,this is for something later this year I believe, I then had a job come through for Chip and Fozzie but I am holiday when they needed them(damn) and then last week I had a last minute call for a job for Disney,however this job didn't actually go ahead. So in the space of 5 weeks I had 4 other offers of work for my boys. I know that I may not now get another call for months ,so in the meantime its carry on childminding and dog training with a sprinkling of media work in between!!!

So onto show news. Thames was on the 13/14th June.I had hurt my back badly on the Thursday before so I wasn't running at all well. I had a mixed weekend of results.
Disney got a 1st in the grade 6-7 jumping,what an amazing little dog he is at 11 yrs old and still holding his own.Unfortunately I had borrowed Steve's camcorder and it had run out of battery. The Champ class wasn't quite so successful and he got eliminated in the jumping round,because of my back I decided not to do the other rounds.
Chip was a little star and did some nice rounds but either had a pole down or a refusal in his classes. However Beth(my niece) ran him in him in the junior class and he came 2nd.You can see a little video of it on Beths own blog here.BETHS BLOG.
Woody ,as usual,hardly put a foot wrong,he came 8th with Beth and had several good rounds with me also. Here is the one video I have before the battery went.


Last weekend it was Axtane. Well what a weekend we had.
Disney qualified for the KC Olympia semis again,his 5th Olympia semi !The semi will be held at the KC festival in August.He came 1st in Gd 6-7 Jumping and also Gd 4-7 agility.Here is a video of the KC run and the jumping run.


Woody,sporting his new go faster haircut !!!! didn't have such a good Saturday,mainly a weave issue.He kept coming out the last weave ! However he made up for it on the Sunday where he did 2 lovely agility rounds and got 2 top ten places.Video below.


Chip was working fantastically all weekend, just small mistakes in each class mostly poles. But I was overjoyed that he came 2nd in the Easter celebration connection class and also qualified for a final in August. The funny thing about this place is I really didn't want to run him, I couldn't get my head around the course and my back was aching, I actually asked several people if they would run him for me, but they declined because of the course. Anyway I decided what the hell I would go ahead and do it, and we somehow just got it so together.We went into the lead by over 2 seconds and stayed there for nearly the whole class and was then pipped at the post. I was very happy to be beaten by Ruth (even though I told her what course to take !!!!)
I am extremely pleased with Chips waits,he hasn't broken one for me for the last 2 weeks. I have included a video of him ,unfortunately I don't have the connection one..which is typical, I never have the best rounds on video ! The 2 runs I have posted are where he uncharacteristically made mistakes in the weaves, I ran the first and then once again ,because of my back ,my friend Norman Love ran him. That would have been a fantastic run but for those blooming weaves as you will see !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment