Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Poor Chip & other stuff

Firstly what a wonderful week I have just had. I had a week off. The week long agility show I normally do at this time of year had been cancelled but I still had the week off because all the children I look after were on holiday.

The weather was really good especially at the beginning & end of the week. The middle was a bit miserable but it didn't stop me doing things all wk.

On the first Saturday I went to an Obedience show,my first for over a year,I wish I hadn't bothered really,Chip was very very distracted & worked abismally and I decided there and then the time had come to have him castrated..more on that later !! Disney was very high and was very excited but was very wide on his heelwork,so nothing for him. Woody doesn't do competetive Obedience,but I suspect he may have been better than the other 2 if I had entered him !! So I didn't even stay to do Chip & Disney's stays and just came home. I then picked up my son Tony and we went down to Mums to sort out her new broadband and laptop..well thats another long story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday I went to an agility show,nice and near to me at Slough ,it was a glorious day and a very relaxed chilled show. Disney got a 2nd in the jumping( what a lad) and Woody also got a lowish place in the Agility,but he just wasn't running & jumping properly and I suspect he needs to see the chiropractor again,so he's booked in in 2 weeks.Chip once again was just not on this planet !!!!

Bank holiday Monday saw me down at my Mums again,first for a lovely walk and then another 3 hrs trying to fix the Internet and Laptop.....it resulted in a total meltdown of the laptop. !!!

Poor Chip also has a limp,we suspect a left shoulder injury. He was slightly lame last Thursday but it wore off,but returned again today so I am resting him for a while..NO training/jumping at all ,just a few short walks. Luckily there are no shows for a couple of weeks.

Tuesday I woke up all prepared to take Chip to the Vets to have the chop! However we went with the new chemical castration (
Suprelorin) so he wouldn't have to miss any shows . He has had an implant which releases a hormone over the period of 6 months and gives exactly the same effect as surgical castration. So we were in and out in 5 minutes !! I will report on here how its all going over the next few months. It takes 2-3 weeks to start to show. If I don't like how he is, I just won't have him castrated properly in 6 months, If the reaction is good then we all know what his little Xmas present will be....POOR CHIP !!!
In the afternoon I went caravan hunting/looking with my mate Jennie.

Wednesday was puppy agility classes with Fozzie,I continue to be very pleased with him . Afterwards Woody had a slight haircut (thank you Shirley) ready for his next lot of filming in about 10 days.

Thursday I had a lazy day ,and then I started teaching a new 5 wk puppy foundation course in the evening. I was cajoled into doing this by my mates as they all have puppies between 6-9 mths and had nowhere to take them. It is a great little group and my niece Beth is also bringing her Nans 10mth old Standard poodle x Collie puppy Charlie along. It is all very basic stuff I am teaching with no jumping at all, just waits,go-ons, recalls,tunnels ,directions stuff etc and all with lots of motivation.

Friday was back to Mums for the never ending saga of the Laptop and Broadband..thankfully all fixed now and ready to roll.

This weekend was taken up with a bit of Spring cleaning.. VERY BORING,walking the dogs and letting them have some lovely swims. I also spent some time looking at the new Apple Laptops which I am seriously thinking of buying......gotta start saving now though. !!

Heres a little video taken on my mobile phone today at the River. I now have 4 water loving dogs because Fozzie got right in there with the big boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment