Welcome to the Blog of Rosie Ison & her Scruffy Hairy Mutts.

I do hope you enjoy reading about all the various exploits of the Hairy Gang !

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Celebration Show

Well I have just returned from a very very cold , but very very successful Easter Celebration show.
We arrived on Thursday and were parked in the helpers camping area ( which is nice and near the rings) because Jennie was Judging and we were all helping on her ring. Unfortunately it was decided on the Friday morning by the organisers, because of the weather conditions to move the show over to the other side of Ardingly into the indoor arena and outside sand schools. As it transpired we were then miles away. We really didn't mind because at least the show was able to go ahead. I drove all mine and Andreas dogs in the Van up to be nearer the building each morning,unfortunately this meant I couldn't park next to my Caravan at night, because of the risk of getting stuck or churning up the already muddy grass. One good thing about it was we had an almost private camping and exercise area ( very peaceful !!)

Now back to my Dogs runs. Unfortunately I don't have any video as it was sooooo cold and we didn't really feel like geting frost bite whilst videoing, and sods law I did some of my best runs !!

On the Saturday :


DISNEY

  • 2nd in the Easter connection class
  • 4th in the Gd 4-7 jumping.
The tunnel demon was still with me and Disney in his agility class !!!

CHIP


  • 2nd in the Gd 4-5 Jumping , he led the class all morning and then was beaten near the end by 0-05 sec !!
WOODY
  • 5th in Gd 4-5 Jumping
  • 12th Gd 4-5 Agility

Sunday was a fab day


CHIP

  • 2nd in the KC Novice Olympia qualifier
  • 2nd in Gd 5 Jumping
DISNEY
  • 5th in 1-7 Helter Skelter
WOODY

  • 10th in Grade 4 Jumping
  • 15th in Grade 3/4 Jumping
I am very proud of my boys,in particular Mr Chip. I am overjoyed he actually got the 2nd in the KC Olympia qualifier ,because it means he gets to stay in Grade 5 as well as qualifying for the Semi's later this year.I feel Grade 6 may be too much for him at the moment, although he does seem to cope fairly well with the more complicated courses.
The most frightening thing was when we went into his final class on Sunday ( Grade 5-6 agility)
He sat on the start line,shivering with excitement and frothing at the mouth, !! By the time the scrimer said in your own time, he was almost uncontrollable. I managed to get a 2 jump wait however, and then he set off like a missile . He did the first 3 jumps beautifully ,but didn't listen on the 4th and rather than turn right decided to take the jump straight in front.
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come now his confidence is souring.!!

2 comments:

  1. woot woot well done and thanks for the scrummy egg xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great show Rosie! Well done on all your placings.

    ReplyDelete